8.31.2009

First of the Videos


I present my villagers saying goodbye to me and saying hello to all of my friends and family back home.

This is Illa, he was my landlord and neighbor. The setting is just outside of my house. I spent a lot of time with his family. In the background is Chaibou (next to the cart) and Moubarak (the little one to the left).

I'm hoping I'll get a few more of these up before I hit the road. So far this is the shortest of them and therefore the easiest to upload. One hour of uploading for a 6 second video. C'est la vie au Niger.

I can't promise I'll transcribe them all, but this one is short.

Illa: A gaida guida. Greet your family.

1 comment:

  1. It just seems like yesterday that we were there in your village. You have made a difference in the world, and I am so proud of you.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete