5.23.2007

One Step Closer... C'mon Left Foot

I knew it was going to be a good day when I woke up this morning. I only hit the snooze button a couple of times, very impressive considering I usually hit it repeatedly for the better part of an hour. I got out of bed around 6:15 and walked to the living room to open the blinds and let the new day's light in. It has been my routine lately to turn on my computer and check the weather and browse my email looking for the words "Peace Corps". Of course I checked facebook too--what kind of self respecting twenty-something would I be if I didn't check my facebook first thing in the morning to see if anything happened while I was sleeping. Ok, enough about facebook and how it's more important than "real life". I have this glorious little e-mail in my inbox from Peace Corps, titled "Application Status Updated". In the email is a link that sends me to my current applicant toolkit and I find out I have been medically cleared! Sound the trumpets.



No, the email doesn't look anything like the animation above, it's just one little simple line of text.

Needless to say, the first thing I did was call my momma and dad. Lindsay found out shortly after--she would have found out first but she has a big girl job and travels around.

Later this morning I contacted the Africa Placement Office and they needed a couple of additional things. One of which is an updated resume and the second is an additional reference. They were so helpful and very nice. They really took the time to explain anything I didn't understand and.

It took me all of about 10 minutes to update my resume since I sent in a copy before my Interview in January. My good friend and former coworker Luke is going to be providing the details in the fill in the blank reference form. I'm pretty excited because on a "wordsmithiness" scale he's at least a 10. Thanks again buddy.

Thanks for reading and enjoy LOST season finale tonight. Oh, you don't watch LOST, well you should.

2 comments:

  1. I celebrate with you in this monumental step in the long process. The Peace Corps is getting such a special person who has always wanted to help others. You have worked very hard to get to this point, and I am getting excited now. It looks like we may be celebrating Christmas in Africa!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mom, I don't guess there will be much snow, not that I've ever had a White Christmas. Thanks for your kind words and constant encouragement.

    ReplyDelete